It was only 2 months ago that I commented on how cold it was in the morning with temperatures dipping down to 2 degrees. Now it appears that after a cold winter, spring has come to us early.
Make sure you are taking advantage of this weather by getting outside and soaking up some much needed Vitamin D.
Next Bootcamp Start Dates (only 3 left for the year!):
Monday 12th September – Friday 7th October
Monday 17th October – Friday 11th November (Dates may change slightly due to Cup Weekend)
Monday 21 November – Friday 16th December
New Bootcamp Times
It looks like we’ll be adding at least one new bootcamp time slot next month seeing as we are full up in the morning. We want to pick a time that suits you so please help us by selecting your preferred days/times below. You can select multiple answers.
How To Eat To Improve Your Health and Lose Weight
Starting next month I will be taking a group of Beta testers through a 12 week guide to improving your diet and awareness of food. This is to help me gain some feedback on improving the guide. Here is some further info in neat dot point form:
- We will be working towards following the eating guidelines featured in The Primal Blueprintby Mark Sisson. This means:
- Reduction in harmful processed foods
- Better selection of fruit, vegetables and meat
- How to take the guidelines Mark sets and put them into action
- Each week you will receive one email from me with your goal for the week
- Testers will be encouraged to check in weekly on a private Facebook group to discuss weight, energy levels, recipes, etc
- Testers will need to complete a few feedback surveys but they will get a free copy of the completed guide at the end
- I’m only wanting people who are serious about improving their diet, but don’t let that put you off. Maybe it’s finally time for that change?
If you are interested, please send me an email and I’ll pop you on the list. I’m limiting this group to 15 people so that I can make sure no one falls off the wagon. It will be first in best dressed.
There is currently
15 9 spots left.
Client Profile – Gabe Freeman
If I held bootcamp awards, Gabe would probably take the cake as the coolest. Always good for a joke, Gabe brings great energy and a fun spirit to our bootcamps. I asked her to share with you a few things you probably didn’t know about her.
1. Favourite quote… “Augustus sweetheart, save some room for later!” Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2. The silliest thing I’ve done… It’s a stacks on story. I dove on the back of a friend who I thought was wrestling another friend at a Wolfmother gig I yelled “stacks on!” and belly flopped on his back, some guy dragged me off my friend and asked what the hell I was doing, stacks on of course I said, he looked at me with horror that’s when I realised my mate was giving a guy who’d collapsed CPR. True story, I’m that stupid.
3. My favourite bootcamp workout was… Probably the recent adventure run with circuit stops along the way, I think it was because I got to wear a head torch.
4. Most proud achievement… Finishing Kokoda trail with only 5 weeks to train, my brother convinced me I was going to be airlifted out so I’m sure I only did it to prove him wrong.
5. A few of my favourite things are… Chilli boy and Ivy doll, favourites in the whole-wide-world!!
Get a load of this (Things to read)
Bodyweight exercises are back in fashion. They are sweat inducing and muscle engorging. Jason Ferruggia has compiled a comprehensive list of the top 20 bodyweight exercises.
Do you think you don’t have enough time for exercise? Or do you have a different favourite excuse? Prepare to be schooled by fellow nerd Steve Kamb.
I’ve talked a lot lately about going barefoot. Foot and calf strength is often a big issue when switching. I know personally that I took on some bad ass knee problems which came from a weak left foot. Don’t make my mistake, prepare yourself for the barefoot change.
I get a few questions about what I eat for breakfast if seeing as I don’t eat grains. Zoe has popped the recipe for our morning grain-free nut granola online. Try it out for something different.
Monthly Recipe – Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
- 3 cups Almond Meal
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil (Macadamia Oil works well too)
- 2 Tbsp Honey, heaped
- 5 Eggs
- 3 cups grated Carrot
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 250g block Cream Cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Honey, heaped
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- Grease two 9 inch circular cake pans with butter
- In one bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (almond meal, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice).
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients (honey, grapeseed oil, eggs).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Fold in raisins, carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the two cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, honey and lemon juice.
- Mix together well, you may need to leave it out for a while to soften.
- Spread over the top of the first cake and leave a dollop in the middle.
- Place the other cake on top like a sandwich. Use the rest of the icing on top.
Please note that Kyle Wood, FFS PT or See Change PT does not endorse or warrant the contents of any articles. Articles are provided as a source of information only and should not be not relied upon nor treated as a replacement for consulting a medical practitioner or specialist.